Master John Kirkwood
Master Kirkwood founded our association (formely known as the STA) IN 1994, with some former members of the GTI. Today only one original co-founder remains (Mr James Lawson) within our organisation, which has now been up and running for over 20 years.
At Taekwondo Alliance HQ in Blantyre Sports Centre, you will find Master Kirkwood delivering the most advanced training system, six days a week. No other school offers this unique training system, that will get you fit, toned and happy! As a fully qualified coach and martial artist, his professional credentials are the highest within our organisation.
Having trained in Boxing from an early age, he stumbled upon a Taekwondo demonstration and this embarked him on his journey within the art! Master Kirkwood has over 40 years of martial art experience, and has taught hundreds of students within Scotland, taking them to Black Belt. Master Kirkwood now passes on his skills to the many within the Taekwondo Alliance and Europe.
Master Kirkwood holds professional qualifications for coaching and development of children and adults within sports, as well as having his martial arts qualifications. He teaches within four of our Taekwondo Alliance schools, teaching traditional Taekwondo, self defence, body conditioning, plyometrics, grappling, point sparring, continuous sparring as well as demonstration martial arts and weapons. Master Kirkwood is at the forefront when it comes to competition training, his students have reached the highest level in competition, attaining World, European, National and British titles!
Why You Want to Train With Master Kirkwood…..
- Highest Ranking Member of the Taekwondo Alliance.
- South Lanarkshire Sports Coach of the Year 2016.
- Inducted into the MAI Scotland Hall of Fame in 2015.
- Inducted into the MAI Fighter Hall of fame in 2014.
- Inducted into the MAI Hall of fame in 2012.
- Inducted into the WUMA Hall of fame in 2000.
- Techncial Advisor to the Taekwondo Alliance of Norway.
- Trained in Tae Kwon Do for over 43 years.
- 6th Degree Black Belt with over 35 years teaching experience.
- Former Director of AIMAA in Scotland.
- Promoted to 6th Degree Master in 2007 by GM Hee Il Cho.
- Trained directly under GM Hee Il Cho from 2002 – 2014.
- International Instructor.
- International Seminar Instructor.
- Taekwondo Alliance School Owner.
- R.A.P.E TM Qualified Instructor.
- International Certified Referee.
- Chief Examiner of Taekwondo Alliance.
- Certified Instructor under Hamilton Sports Council.
- WTKA European Champion 2012.
- WUMA World Champion 2011.
- WUMA British Champion 2008.
- WUMA European Champion 2009
- TAI International Champion 2009
- AIMAA Ireland National Champion 2007.
- AIMAA World Champion 2000.
- AIMAA World Champion 2004 Sparring & Destruction.
- Champion of numerous World, European, British and Scottish Titles since 1980.
- Brown Belt in Samurai Swordsmanship.
- Promoter of Black Belts within Scotland.
- H.N.D Sports Coaching & Development certified.
- Began training at the age of 14 in Scotland under Master HockTeh.
- Received his Black Belt at the age of 17yrs.
- In 1994 he founded The STA with Mr C Boyle & Mr J Lawson.
- Awarded Sports Coach of the Year 2000 & 2001
- Awarded Sports Personality of the Year 2002 & 2003
- First Aid European certified.
- Fully Insured & Registered.
- Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Bureau – PVG checked.
- Master Kirkwood Schools registered under Hamilton Sports Council.
Contact Master Kirkwood on 07771940092 to book your VIP package with him, or email us via our contact page.